Today, at MLIS, is the launch of a year-long weekly blog challenge (A big thanks to Sarah over at Sarah Emily Blogs for starting this!). Each Wednesday, I’ll be posting the answer to the prompt of the week.
In case you’re interested in joining in on the blog challenge fun this 2016, here are the weekly prompts.
Week One — Meet the Blogger
Yep. That’s me 🙂 Although some of you have been following My Life In Snippets since it’s birth on September 4, 2014 – many of you are new to my little corner of the internet. Therefore, let me introduce myself. My name is Ashlee. I’m a 23 year old Applications Engineer. Originally born a country girl in the great state of Michigan, I now reside with my other half, Max, in Louisville, KY.
From the Fall of 2011 to the Spring of 2015, I studied Computer Science at Michigan State University (GO GREEN!). After graduating in May of 2015, I packed my bags and headed for the big, little city of Louisville.
Aside from work, I also enjoy spending time writing for this little corner of the internet. I’m an avid runner, find Jillian Micheals workouts actually fun, a true foodie at heart (baking, cooking and eating, if it involves food, I’m there!) and a lover of time spent with family and friends.
Travel is something that I’ve truly become interested in as I’ve grown older. I spent a month with my other half in Europe over Christmas break last year, and fell in love with the different cultures, the sights, and what else, but the food!
I am an organizer, an overachiever, and a thinker – those who know me well call me an old soul.
Although that pretty much sums up my current status, let me share 10 random things about me, because why not 😉
- My left eye is smaller than my right.
- I’ve never had a nickname that stuck. Ash, maybe, but no one really ever called me that but a few friends and my sister.
- Cherry Cordial Ice Cream is literally my best friend.
- Christmas is by far my favorite holiday, but the Fourth of July is a different kind of second 🙂
- Yes, I develop software for a living. Yes, I find value and enjoy technology. But there are still days when going off the grid sounds appealing 😉
- Fall is my favorite season.
- And Lake Michigan is my favorite place to walk along the beach (and the pier), dig my toes into the sand and contemplate life in my very own mental nothing box as the waves continuously dance with the shore.
- I went skydiving. And I want to go again and again and again. 100% Serious.
- The only pet I’ve ever had was a little purple fish named Cupcake. You’ll notice I said “had” because little Cupcake passed on to a better place a year and a half or so ago. Someday, I would like to have another little fish – or maybe a dog… maybe.
- I grew up on a tree farm 🙂
Stay tuned to next Wednesday, when I go “Behind the Scenes.” 🙂
But, wait! Don’t go yet! Have you filled out my Reader survey for 2016?! If you haven’t yet, go! Do it now! I’ll love you forever 😉 Here’s the link!
Your Turn is a place for me to ask you questions! Be sure to answer them in the comments below!
- What’s the last blogging challenge you took part in?
- Favorite ice cream, ready, go!
- Do you have a nickname? What is it?