Snickerdoodle cookies are by far one of my favorites. The smell of baking sugar and cinnamon brings to me a bliss – a “Heaven” you might say. Not to mention…they are one of the simplest cookies to make.
Below is my very own recipe – it’s pretty standard (I’ve adjusted it over trying numerous different recipes). Please note that this recipe only makes about two dozen cookies.
** Cookie **
- 1.25 cups Flour
- 1.25 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 cup Butter
- 7 tbsp (almost 0.5 cup) of Brown Sugar
- 7 tbsp (almost 0.5 cup) of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
** Topping **
- 0.25 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Either grease cookie sheet or line with Aluminum foil or the like.
- Mix all cookie ingredients well.
- Make cookie dough balls about one inch in diameter. Roll in topping.
- When cookie sheets are prepared, use a fork to press down and flatten each cookie (as this will help them to bake appropriately) and then sprinkle the remaining topping over the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Although I love a warm snickerdoodle (or many warm snickerdoodles 😉 ), these can be enjoyed at any temperature as long as they are properly stored in an sealed container.