It’s Christmas time, people!!! Isn’t that exciting!? Personally, my excitement levels have been building since November first (I know, I know – I’m crazy 🙂 ). Today, I will be sharing my top Christmas favorites in music, movies, decorations, food, clothing and a “random” category for all the things that just didn’t fit!
I have an entire playlist with over 200 songs I listen to around the holidays, but lucky you – I narrowed it down to my top eight picks!
- That’s Christmas to Me by Pentatonix
- Heaven Everywhere by Francesa Battestelli
- Christmas Shoes by NewSong
- Silent Night by Pentatonix
- Believe by Josh Groban
- Carol of the Bells by Pentatonix
- Christmas Canon by TSO
- Home for the Holidays by The Carpenters
- A Charlie Brown Christmas is my absolute favorite – of course, the classic scene below:
- The Grinch
- Home Alone
- Miracle on 34th Street
- The Polar Express
Little House on the Prairie: Christmas at Plum Creek / A Christmas They Never Forgot
- Jingle bells! – Courtesy of The Polar Express and the bells that hung upon the door at my Grandma and Grandpa’s house during Christmas, I now consider bells to be the sound of Christmas. Anytime I hear them I’m filled with absolute glee at their sound 🙂
- Lights a’plenty! – Back at my childhood home (which I still consider home, even after college and moving to Louisville), my parents and I put up a ridiculous amount of lights around all the trees (see picture at the top!). Lights upon lights upon lights. So now, anytime I’m driving through a neighborhood with lights or walking by a Christmas tree – it’s incredibly sentimental.
- Christmas tree, of course!
- Candy canes
- Hot Chocolate
Now, mix them together for a peppermint-chocolate bliss. Yummy!
- Scarves, Gloves and Hats
Anything that keeps me warm is a safe bet for something I’ll adore this time of year 🙂
- Since fourth or fifth grade when my Librarian read stories from it, I can’t help but sit down with the Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids book each day of December. The stories are all so joyful and really prepare my heart for the happiness of the season!
- The Internet Fireplace – although we have a fireplace, we don’t like the hassle of burning wood. Plus, we are on the go so much – so if I’m looking for the comforting image of a fireplace, I just go here – and there I have it 🙂
Wow! If I wasn’t in the Christmas mood before, I am now!! 🙂
What are your Christmas favorites?! Be sure to share them with me in the comments below! 🙂