Today I will plan a dinner for ten – dead or alive. Explain why the ten are invited and share what dinner will be served!
1. Myself, of course. This one, I believe to be self explanatory! 😉
2. Alan Alda – Alan is a writer, director and loved actor. He is currently living. I adore him most for his starring role in the TV Series, M*A*S*H (a series about a Mobile Army Surgical hospital during the Korean war). I’ve also read both of his books, Never Have Your Dog Stuffed and Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself. Both were really good. He has interesting opinions and is incredibly humorous. I think he’d make for a wonderful character at dinner and would definitely bring potentially needed comedic relief!
3. Taylor Swift – Okay, okay. For those of you that are super judgemental of Taylor Swift – you can get off my back now. Because I really like her. She’s one of the few celebrities in the spotlight that is keeping her class. Honestly, I’d like to sing with her – just for kicks. And I really want to meet her cat. Taylor, although a celebrity, seems like a real person to me. I appreciate reality. She just seems like an intriguing individual and dinner, just wouldn’t be right without her there.
4. Walt Disney – If you know anything about me, my love of all things Disney is very real. In fact, to learn why I would want Disney at my dinner party, read the 11 things he taught me (and is still teaching me)!
5. Thomas Jefferson – A founding father of the United States – he is known for writing The Declaration of Independence and being on of our Presidents. His life has a fascinating story and is known for his fight for the rights of people. I’d love to hear about his life in person, the hardships he faced forming a country that millions call home today and what he thinks about the path that the country has taken since his passing. I’d also be curious to know what he would envision as the next best steps for America.
6. Audrey Hepburn – this brunette beauty is a classic queen of fashion in my eyes. Her performances in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady, Sabrina and many others continuously bring such an awe to me. I’d love to meet her and see who she was off camera – hopes, dreams, life stories, the list could go on… oh, and maybe she’d share one of her many gorgeous outfits with me! Finally, I would really enjoy learning about her time in Poland and throughout Europe during the war and the struggles I’m certain she faced upon the Nazi’s overtaking the country.
7. Bob Goff – I basically want Bob Goff at dinner to tell me more about his book, Love Does. This is literally one of the best books, I have ever read in my life. Bob shares that a life filled with loving others is the best life one can ever live. He’s a giver and tells his story amazingly. Read it. Now. And Bob, come to my dinner? 🙂
8. Jesus – I would really like to know what He thinks about the world today. I want to know, too, His thoughts on war, death and the role that Religions of all kinds have in these things.
9. Benjamin Franklin – He was an inventor, writer and political leader. I want to discuss with him, his findings of electricity and his thoughts on young America and what America has become today.
10. Larry Page – Best known for co-founding Google, I want to know what he thinks the implications of technology will be (and are) on this world. Positive or Negative? I want to know if he ever gets sick of something that is so close to him.
If you take a step back and look at the group of people I’ve chosen they are all over the place in terms of professions, era and opinions. I could only hope dinner wouldn’t end in a food fight.
One other side note, there was a large part of me when sitting down to write this post that wanted to choose the world’s “villains.” (Hitler, Ivan the Terrible, etc.). I think the only reason I didn’t is because in the long run, I know people that committed these horrible crimes could never explain why. Ultimately I’d ask and end up leaving the table unsettled – likely learning nothing. With the nine others, at least I’d take away some lessons – some meaning!
The Menu & Venue!
The menu would consist of the following…
- Clam Chowder
- Parmesan crusted baked Salmon
- freshly made bread and preserves
- Chocolate Mousse
- Choice of Water, Coffee, Tea or Red Wine to drink
If you could plan a dinner party for ten – dead or alive, whom would you invite? Why? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below! 🙂