Happy Friday, everyone! This weekend, cook up my favorite sweet treat, cinnamon rolls!
- 4-5 c. Flour
- 4.5 tsp. Yeast
- 0.75 c. Milk
- 0.5 c. Water
- 0.5 c. Butter, melted
- 0.5 c. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 0.5+ c. Butter, melted
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2.5-3.5 c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1-2 tsp. Vanilla
- Mix together 1.75 cups Flour and Yeast. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter, and sugar over medium-low heat until it reaches 120-130F, stirring constantly. Pour into the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add egg and 0.5 cup flour and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add enough flour to make a soft dough (1-2 cups)
- Knead dough, cover and allow to rest and rise for 20 minutes.
- Make the filling by combining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- After rising, roll out into a rectangle, approx 0.25 inches thick. Spread melted butter over top, and sprinkle filling.
- Roll the dough as for a jelly roll, keeping it as tight as possible. Upon reaching the end, pinch the dough along the top and cut into 12 rounds. Then, place rolls on a greased pan and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. let cool slightly, then top with frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk and stir until you reach a smooth consistency.
Thanks to live craft eat for the original recipe!