If you own a device that can have apps installed onto it, I’m sure you’re well aware of the vast number of apps available out there. There is literally an app for everything (or so it feels). Now, it may come as a surprise to those of you who know how much I enjoy exploring the world of technology, but I don’t utilize very many apps. In this post, I’ll be sharing my top 5 (top 5 in the sense that I use them the most).
- Hangouts – I rarely use the “Messages” app to send messages. Instead, I use Google Hangouts. It’s sleek and transfers directly to my gmail. I can also send texts via wifi – this makes things a lot easier when I’m stuck somewhere without service (but with wifi) so that I can get ahold of those I need to.
- Feedly – If you follow a lot of blogs (that don’t necessarily have a connection to Bloglovin’ or Networked Blogs) Feedly is the app for you. It takes RSS feeds from any website and then compiles updates based on those RSS feeds.
- StumbleUpon – This app has you select your interests and then at a click of the “stumble” button, you can see new articles/blogs/information about those interests. I use this app, mainly, for learning all sorts of cool things about the world around us.
- Snapchat – Okay, people. This app is all sorts of fun. People say a picture is worth a thousand words and being able to send a quick snap to someone regarding a situation (or even a quick video) is awesome! Now, I would say that the greatest perk of Snapchat is that the pictures/videos are available for 10 seconds (with possible screenshots and replays) and they are faster (and take less memory) than sending a message via text. However, some take this “picture only available for 10 seconds” thing, a little too literally – remember to be very aware of anything you post, share, tweet, snap, etc… Once it’s out there – it’s out there forever! Alas…I’m a snapper and proud of it!
- Pinterest – a winner of an app for all things style, fashion, hairstyles, DIY projects and best of all, recipes!
So what apps do you use? Post in the comments below and share some of your favorites!