It’s December 12 already and I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
This week felt much more relaxed than last – although as I look back now, it’s been filled with a lot of things! Yay! 🙂
- Look for my review of 10% Happier early next week. It’s a book by Dan Harris and how he quieted the voice in his head with meditation and other tactics. He also discusses the science behind meditation and it’s health benefits. Stay tuned for more! 🙂
- Our friend group finished up our watch parties of Star Wars this week with The Revenge of the Sith. Ah, Star Wars… I cannot wait to see what comes next!
- Shhh, don’t tell, but today it’s my turn to take my other half out on a date! I’m super excited. It will consist of a trip to the Actors Theatre in Downtown Louisville to see The Christmas Carol, then a trip to go ice skating, and dinner at Hammerheads (a very meaty restaurant Max has been dying to go to). And we will end the evening driving through Lights Under Louisville. Yay! 🙂
- Aside from this I’m still wrapping Christmas presents and getting ready to go back to Michigan!! I also went on a de-cluttering spree to clear off a couple of my bookshelves! Double yay!
- Lastly, it’s 70 degrees where I am today! And it’s December! Whoot! 😀
Thankfully, I completed my goals this week, which of course makes me super-duper excited! As it is the Christmas season, I’m going to stick with my same goal for next week – two blogs here I come! 🙂
One small disclosure – I try to limit my link roundup to five or six links… but all of my wonderful fellow bloggers make that really difficult! Cheers to all and your wonderful posts! 🙂
- Check out Rosevine Cottage Girls post on some Christmas treats. I can say that I will definitely be trying my hand at the caramel corn in the coming weeks!
- Looking for something to wet your whistle? If you’re 21+, check out this Spiked Peppermint Mocha Milkshake from A Beautiful Mess.
- Need something to go with the milkshake? Check out these holiday cookies from Simply Sarah!
- Stuck with one more person on your list you just can’t figure out what to get for, for Christmas? Check out Currently, Kelsie’s post on Meaningful Gift Ideas for Anyone on Your List. I myself, am a huge fan of gifting picture gifts. In fact, Shutterfly is probably one of my best friends this time of year! 😉
- Are you facing writers block trying to come up with ideas on what to blog about? Check out Vicky’s post at Heart & Moxie, she’s got you covered!
- Nina, at Hugs & Lattes shares a few inexpensive holiday date ideas. I adore the idea of baking with my other half and then running around to our neighbors to share the goodies!
- Although I’m not sure I can add yet another Christmas DIY project to my list this year, I’ve tucked this project for Christmas Vignettes from A Beautiful Mess away for next year.
- Last, but not least this week – check out Very Erin’s post about 12 Habits to Boost Your Self-Esteem. This post really helped as I plan 2016 goals and resolutions!
I can’t help but share this, SPARTANS WON! 😀 We beat Iowa last Saturday night for a place to play against Alabama in the Semi-Finals on New Years Eve. I give you, the game highlights 🙂
Last week I mentioned that running on the treadmill is just not the same for me as running outdoors. This week, to rectify this missing feeling of running… aside from getting outside and running, I grabbed two Android apps that I’d like to share reviews for.
- 30 Day Fitness Challenge: This app has 30 day fitness challenges. The thing that intrigues me about this is that I constantly see 30 day fitness challenges on Pinterest, but then I have to either note them down or print them out and keep track of it manually. With this app, I can partake in as many challenges I want and the app reminds me! The push-up challenge is a killer! 🙂
- 7 Minute Workout Challenge: This app has 12 exercises (in the basic package – if you use it routinely, you can upgrade for free – or just pay to upgrade to more exercises). These 12 fully exhaust me, although I’m sure I’ll be happy to get the upgrade at some point. So, per the app’s name, you do each of the 12 exercises for 30 seconds with a 10 second break between. The app claims that studies show that this high intensity circuit gets your metabolism up to where it would be after working out steadily for an hour. Not only can you do it once – but you can do the 7 minute cycle as many as 12 times in a row. I’ve only been able to get through 3 cycles before I’ve been exhausted. It’s a solid way to get your heart going!!
What apps do you use to keep yourself healthy?! Be sure to share in the comments below 🙂
Well, that’s all for now. I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.