It’s December 19 already and I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
I cannot believe this week is over already and hey, it’s almost Christmas people! 🙂 I’m super pumped! Are you?!
This week has been fairly quiet in my world… well, quiet and busy all at once! Think, running around DIY-ing, last minute shopping and Christmas prepping shenanigans… I feel like a broken record.
If you remember, last Saturday was date night for my other half and I…we went to see The Christmas Carol at the Actors Theatre, out to dinner at a place called Hammerheads and over to Lights Under Louisville. The play was absolutely amazing – hearing Tiny Tim say “And God bless us, everyone” actually brought me to tears. 🙂 Hammerheads was a hole-in-the-wall kind of place. And I say that with the utmost respect, because it was absolutely delicious. We actually arrived about 15 minutes before they even opened and there was a huge line out the door. I think the logic that states that restaurants with no call ahead and no reservations are truly the best. Yummy. After stuffing ourselves we headed over to Lights Under Louisville… after about an hour plus of waiting in various queues, we drove into the caves… Literally so many lights! It was so much fun!! If you’re in the Louisville area, it’s definitely a good place to stop by!
Of course, Monday through Friday consisted of work, work, work – with a little fun mixed in.
It’s been a great week and I’m so excited for the week to come! Hiya Christmas! 🙂
Two more goodies came this week!
- A book review of 10% Happier by Dan Harris and a how-to on Meditation.
- My Star Wars favorites, in honor of the official release of The Force Awakens!
A few other things happened at MLIS this week. I’ve done some clean-up, you might say of posts, images, categories and text.
The thing I’m most proud of is my official My Life In Snippets Site Icon! Even after moving to WordPress in the summer and re-designing everything I struggled to come up with an icon of sorts that fits MLIS – and now I believe I have!
- Brittany, at The Nested Nomad posted about the benefits of Silence this week. Some of her points directly relate to my review of 10% Happier. Embracing silence is on my list of to-dos. Great post!
- World of Wanderlust put together a post on the top 16 places to travel to in 2016… Switzerland, Hawaii and the French Countryside are looking pretty awesome to me 😀
- Kate the (Almost) Great gets a happy dance from me after posting 52 blog post ideas for 2016 – one for every week! A great list for all bloggers to tuck away for when writers block inevitably sets in!
- Nina at Hugs & Lattes had me in stitches reading her “How to DIY Your Christmas” post. Just take my word for it and check it out!
- Looking for a way to get into the Christmas spirit? Check out Sarah Emily Blogs post on a Christmas Q & A.
- Very Erin has a list of How to Reduce Stress During the Holidays. A definite read as it always seems like this time of year is filled with stress – when that’s really not what it’s about, am I right? 🙂
Of course, we can’t go into the week of Christmas without a reminder of what Christmas is truly about – in the hustle and bustle of the week to come, be sure to remember that! 🙂
Like the roundups? Check out a few past editions!
Well, that’s all for now. Happy December 19! I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.