It’s December 5th already and I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
This week has been an absolute whirlwind. After arriving back from Michigan and the Thanksgiving holiday travel Sunday evening, it was back to work on Monday!
Aside from work this week, I’ve been wrapping gifts (and looking for the last minute surprises). Although I certainly have done my fair share of shopping for Christmas gifts, there’s also been a lot of DIY gifting I’ve gotten lost in. Of course, I would post about all these wonderful things… but I don’t want to ruin the surprise. Stay tuned to post-Christmas for DIY gift ideas that you might be able to incorporate year round!!
There’s still one person on my list, I simply cannot figure what to get for Christmas. Ah, well. An idea will come. It has to! 🙂
One other awesome piece of my week. As many of you know, I’m a runner, I love love loveee running. The problem I’m facing now is how dark it is when I get home from work and how dark it is before I leave for work. There’s no “light” time for me to get a chance to run outside. So, I’m forced to either do stairs… or go to the gym.
Treadmill running is rough for two reasons.
- First, my joints don’t appreciate it. For whatever reason, treadmill running is just not the same as running outside.
- More importantly, it doesn’t relieve stress the same way (at least for me). I find myself thinking too much on the treadmill – whether while reading or watching TV. And honestly, just running on a treadmill looking at my reflection in the window is boring.
My point is, this week I had the opportunity to run outside and it was literally the best thing ever! I’m so looking forward to more daylight ahead! 🙂
Aside from gifting what not and running around (like a chicken with my head cut off), a few other things happened this week:
- In preparation for the new release of Star Wars (and because a scary number of our friend group seems to have never seen Star Wars (excuse me while I faint…)) we’ve been getting together to watch each episode. Tuesday night was the Return of the Jedi (Episode number 6). Tomorrow will be a double feature of episodes 1 and 2 (The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones). For those of you not familiar with the world of Star Wars, there are currently six movies. It’s commonly well accepted to watch the movies in the order 4, 5, 6, 1, 2 and 3. 🙂
- The Michigan State Spartan Basketball team played the University of Louisville Cardinals (Spartans won!). What made this game note-worthy is the fact that I now reside in Louisville… you can imagine what comments my Michigan State Polo brought that day 😉 Honestly though, it was a really close game – Louisville had us beat up until the end of the second half. Go Green!
- Last night my other half and I (and friends), gathered for a Christmas party! Ahh, such fun!
- This morning, my other half and I walked across the new Abraham Lincoln bridge at it’s grand opening!!
- Tonight the Spartans take on the Hawkeyes in College Football! Like I said before, GO GREEN! 🙂
This week was busy. Holiday time always seems to be overwhelming. My goal for next week is to post more than once! (Honest kudos to my blogging buddies that post every day of the week – it’s incredibly impressive!).
- The Happiness Project – Read my review of Gretchen Rubin’s book, The Happiness Project. Also, find details of what’s to come in 2016 during my Adventure to Bliss!
- If you’re looking for ways to really celebrate December this year, be sure to check out Chasing My Halo’s post on the national days of December! I celebrated St. Nick today and cannot wait to celebrate Gingerbread House Day on the twelfth!
- Feeling overwhelmed by the holiday season, head over to Rosevine Cottage Girls to see their reminder to just breathe 🙂
- Nina, at Hugs & Lattes sums up my circle of emotions with her post skillfully called, “If you give a perfectionist a goal…” Not only did this post resonate with my day-to-day emotion wheel and my perfectionist habits, it also brought back fond memories of growing up and learning to read “If You Give a Mouse A Cookie.” Incredible.
- Grown-Up Christmas List by Michael Buble has come up on Pandora constantly this week. Give a listen and feel the wonderful hug of the Christmas season encapsulate around you!
Today’s random roundup consists of one thing, and one thing only. Simply a reminder to smile, breathe and continue to cherish each moment.
Peace, begins with a smile. – Mother Teresa
Well, that’s all for now. I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.