Happy January 16! I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
This week has really been about getting back into the swing of things. It’s actually my other half and I’s first weekend home this weekend since December 13 :O All the weekends since have been spent in Michigan visiting family through the holidays and last weekend for my nephew, Kahler’s birthday. Craziness!
Last Sunday, was Kahler’s first birthday party. He’s actually been one since the week before, but the party was Sunday. My sister (his mother) did an amazing job putting together a Mickey Mouse themed party… and really, it was completely Mickey Mouse Clubhouse… everywhere! There were red paper plates, a giant Mickey, food named by Mickey’s friends, and of course, everyone was wearing their ears! All in all it was a fun time and I simply cannot believe the little guy is already one!
Then came Monday and the work week began again. Monday was actually my other half and I’s two year anniversary. This may not seem like a lot to you – but it is to me (us)! I look back and reflect on all the change that has taken place in the past two years and cannot imagine it going any other way… but at the same time, all that change certainly had the power to make our paths take a different route than they did. I’m incredibly blessed to have Max at my side and I’m so looking forward to the adventures we have planned for 2016! 🙂
The rest of the week consisted of working and cleaning and just living life. Thursday night was game night with Max and our friend Cody. We played Crowns. Have you ever played crowns? It’s SO much fun 🙂
All in all a really good week! Can’t wait to see what the next week ahead brings.
- The Blogging Elite Christmas Box Swap – What Was In The Box
- 52 Week Blog Challenge — Week 2: Behind the Scenes
I have to say, I was constantly saving posts this week to share here… I’m afraid it’s turned into quite the long list. But trust me, it’s worth it. And if you’re a blogger out there, pat yourself on the back – because your readers (people like me) think you’re awesome 🙂
- Krysten at Why Girls are Weird posted about the newest fad for adults – coloring books! I can’t help but want to get one of these beautiful books to work my way through – it just looks like so much fun!! 🙂
- Shira guest posted on Cupcakes and Cashmere about her relationship with food. This post is literally awesome. It gives all of us (in my opinion) a ton to think about!
- Kelsie had a bit of a rough week – but she happened to be reminded of four very valuable lessons. Also, check out what she learned on her first year blogging.
- The Felicity Jar posts advice on how to do Disney at Christmas time. Love!
- I’m baffled at Sarah’s long list of book reviews…like really. I can barely keep up with my reading schedule as it is 😛 But, point being, if you’re looking for a good book – check out this post!
- Erin shares a list of must-have conversations for couples. Totally agreed. And I love that she included “Why You love each other” 🙂
- Have you linked up with the Bloggy Brunch yet this week?!
- Give me the simple life!
- I am not currently intending on writing a book or a novel anytime soon… but I LOVE Kate’s idea of creating a novel playlist.
- I’ve been actively cleaning and clearing things away all week – here I go, running down the minimalist road – are you de-cluttering this January? 🙂
- What do you do to make your morning as productive as possible?
Lindsey Stirling is literally my new best friend when it comes to work. I’ve found that listening to her really has kept me going and focused! Here are three of my favorites!
Like the roundups? Check out a few past editions!
Well, that’s all for now. Happy January 16! I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.