Happy January 23! I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
What a whirlwind this week has been. Not to mention, oh, hey snow-pocolypse! 😉 Kidding, kind of. Now that I no longer reside in Michigan, snow is a bit of a foreign concept to a lot of people in Kentucky. Three inches of snow calls off schools and closes down everything in sight. I can’t even count the number of times someone has said this week something about being sure to get bread and butter before the storm… really? 😛
No, no, I get it. Different people have different experiences. And that’s okay! It’s actually a good thing! 🙂 I’m just pretty comfortable in snow – even when the threat of 18 inches to two feet is thrown my way.
The funnies thing to me about weather in general is that it never seems to be all that predictable. I mean, I’d NEVER, EVER put money on the table over the weather. This week, prior to the storm, I saw snow count predictions from 1 inch to 24 inches – that’s a BIG difference. 😛
Ah, well. This weekend will be nice to snuggle up and relax 🙂 Stay warm and safe, friends!
In other news, my other half’s BFF, Gage, arrived Thursday evening to stay with us for a long weekend. Max and Gage spent Friday off in Frankfort at a Bourbon Distillery there while I was back in Louisville between work and other such errands. The stories from the Distillery trip, make me want to go too, preferably when it’s above freezing. 🙂
With the weather, our plans to travel down to Bardstown today to go touring at a few more distilleries changed… silly weather! 😛 But even still, I’m certain we will find something to keep us occupied.
Sometimes, it seems like it takes Mother Nature’s weather craziness to bring everyone to a stop – so we can all just take a breath. 🙂
- Lisa put together 7 Vintage Homemaking Skills that Save Money. I love it 🙂 I aspire to do all of these things… for example, sometimes I’ll make our bread for the week. I can sew – so, that helps when little clothing emergencies arise. My other half and I almost always cook our meals at home.
- 10 Must-Have WordPress PlugIns comes from Life with Rosie. I definitely didn’t realize “Click to Tweet” is an available plug in… always just threw the code in myself. What a time saver!
- The Mother Nature Network released 7 Cultural Concepts We Don’t Have in the U.S. and I now want to implement some of them in my life.
- Heart and Moxie shared the 10 Ways to Make an Introvert Happy – being an introvert, I can definitely agree. 🙂
- Feeling like you’re loosing your touch? Caffeinated Library shared 8 Ways to Beat a Creative Slump. Taking a walk is the one I use most often, be sure to check out her other seven!
- Will you be linking up with the Blogging Elite this week? 🙂
- Amanda at Blissful Gal posted a great piece on how to update your blog for the new year! I am starting this week to go back to the beginning of MLIS’s life, and work towards updating posts one at a time 🙂
- Blogging is not my full-time job if you didn’t know – and sometimes this can be a real challenge to balance between the blogging world and everything else. Erin has a few tips for us on that!
- Good Enuf Mommy shared eight tips for getting published. I’m not working towards this goal at the moment… but I have thrown the idea around of writing a book someday. So, this is incredibly insightful 🙂
- As I was reading my Skimm newsletter one day this past week, I came across the text below. I was shocked, horrified even. People, take a minute to learn about the leaders, governmental systems and rules in place – wherever you live!
“Judge Judy” – As in almost 10% of college grads think she is on the Supreme Court according to a new poll. To clarify, she is on television. Well done, America.
- Looking for a new job? Check out Glassdoor’s 25 Best Jobs in America! 🙂
Like the roundups? Check out a few past editions!
Well, that’s all for now. Happy January 23! I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.