Happy January 9! I’m back with another Weekly Roundup and Reflection. It is here I will share the good, the bad and the
ugly faves of my week.
Is it just me or does time seem to be flying by this January? I’m not sure if it’s all the goals I set, just a busy week of adjusting after time off or what, but how can it possibly be January 9 already?! That’s okay though, we do what we have to do to keep on keepin’ on 🙂
So, what happened as this week zoomed on by, besides the daily hustle and bustle of work?
- Trivia friends reunion Monday night at Drakes in Louisville. It was so fun to see everyone! Although I must say, I wasn’t prepared for a late night before day two of the work week! 😛
- Tuesday, I dragged my other half into a mad-dash cleaning and organization event. Per my Adventure to Bliss, one of the pieces on it revolves around minimalism. So what did we do? Tuesday night turned into not only a night of putting the decorations from Christmas away, but also a night of purging and organizing our hall closet. I’m literally thrilled with the progress we made. Stay tuned for before/after pictures at the end of the month when I review my progress!
- Although my other half and I ran a few times this week, we decided to do Jillian’s One Week Shred once this week. Mind you, it’s supposed to be done for seven days in a row… I think I’ll work myself up to that 😉 If you’re looking for a good workout (or many good workouts), you need to check out Jillian Micheals workout videos. I’ve said since practically day one here at MLIS, that Jillian kicks you into high-gear when it comes to working out…and that second-day soreness, yeah, everything aches – in a good way though, of course. 😛
Speaking of my survey… have you filled out my Reader survey for 2016?! If you haven’t yet, go! Do it now! I’ll love you forever 😉 Here’s the link!
- A Beautiful Mess shared a recipe for Sweet Heat Grilled Cheese. It’s like the adult version of a Grilled Cheese with Pineapple and Jalapenos. Of course, I can’t enjoy the Jalapenos… as I’m allergic. But warm pineapple, yummm. 🙂
- One of my goals this year is to grow my reach as a blogger. Lucky me! Erin posted a guide on How to Form Relationships with Other Bloggers. If you’re interested in Guest posting, contact me via any social media outlet or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) 🙂
- Still trying to figure out what 2016 means to you? Do you feel overwhelmed at the thought of setting a long list of goals? Vicky at Heart & Moxie has you covered with steps to choose your word for 2016. I think my word might be Peace. If that’s the case though, I have more work to do… good thing it’s only week two!
- When Life Gives You Rubi posted about the 10 Ways Working Full Time Changes Your Life and it literally couldn’t be more spot on in terms of how I feel after seven+ months of my full-time life adventure. Phew!
- Last but definitely not least, to my fellow bloggers out there, have you joined The Blogging Elite? I joined last year and it’s been SO wonderful getting to meet everyone, share my content and find others content. Check out Nina’s how-to post (spoiler: there’s a giveaway open till the 24th in there too!). 🙂
- As I said above, one of my goals this year is to minimize my STUFF. In regards to this, I’m contemplating my entire closet and the capsule wardrobe. Although I haven’t actually started breaking down my closet into piles of donate, throw away and keep – I’m actively working to better understand my favorite styles, colors and fashions. I’ve never – EVER been one to look into fashion – and I’m definitely not one to keep up with the trends… However there’s a part of me that feels (post-college) that I want to redefine my style and image – or maybe not redefine, just refine.
Step one for me is to evaluate and truly understand the colors that look good with my skin. After countless clicks to links and quizzes about skin-type, I found this comprehensive guide on “How to Find Your Perfect Colors”.So, what colors am I?
Well, when you work through the post, you go through the process of seasonal color analysis. I struggled to choose between Winter and Summer. Summer is more associated with pale colors, while winter is more deep. After reading further, it broke down my two options to Clear Winter or Light Summer.
Clear Winter (for me!) because I have bright blue eyes, medium brown hair and milky white skin. Great, I thought while reading. I’ve found my answer. And hey, a lot of these colors do look really good on me.
Light Summer because I have blue eyes, medium ash-brown hair and porcelain skin. Again, I looked at the colors and many of them I enjoy wearing.
My debacle was choosing between the two… 😛 I ended up sticking with Clear Winter because I think that light summer is too focused upon beige/neutral or wash-ed out colors that I know don’t seem to work with my skin tone.
What colors look best on you? 🙂
Like the roundups? Check out a few past editions!
Well, that’s all for now. Happy January 9! I’m hopeful that your week past, your day today and your week ahead are filled with happy snippets of your very own.