If you were not aware – Disney is one of my favorite things. The Disney classics, Walt Disney World, Disney Land, the music and let’s not forget our dear friend, Mickey Mouse! All of these things were a large part of my childhood, and I’m not ashamed to say, a large part of my life today.
All things Disney started with one dream: Walt Disney’s dream of a mouse. Although Walt had this dream, he had to face all sorts of obstacles along the way as he made it come true. His persistence and hard work is something we can all learn from.
Here are the 11 lessons I learned (or am still learning) from Walt:
“If you can dream it, you can do it” – Walt Disney
- Dream Big and follow through on your dreams. Dreams take hard work!
Want to learn more about Walt Disney?
Check out Pat Williams and Jim Denney’s, “How to Be Like Walt”. It goes into great detail about Walt’s Life and how to be like him.
“All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them!” – Walt Disney
2. Live uniquely.
“The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” – Walt Disney
3. Stop worrying.
“Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.” – Walt Disney
4. You should have a passion for the work you do.
“Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.” – Walt Disney
5. Money is money is money. Although money is nice and helpful…we need to remember what truly matters.
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
6. Curiosity takes us places we could never imagine!
“A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
7. Family Matters
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever” – Walt Disney
8. Make time to find a reason to laugh every day.
“Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.” – Walt Disney
9. Work towards improving yourself every day. Of course we will fall down – but what matters is that we get back up and keep trying.
“I only hope that we don’t lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
10. Even the tiniest spark within our minds can make a world of difference. Look at what Walt achieved with the dream of Mickey!
“What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.” – Walt Disney
11. Work Hard. Achieving our goals and dreams takes perseverance and hard work!
Who is one of your greatest influences? What have you learned from them? Take time this week to focus on lessons learned from whoever they might be!